Aportfolio Scholars Award
Students developing Aportfolios for professional audiences are invited to participate in the Spring 2022 Aportfolio Scholars Award beginning, November 1st, 2021. Deadline to apply is March 1st, 2022. This award honors and acknowledges an Appalachian State University student who develops an outstanding, creative, scholarly, and professional Aportfolio.
The top three Aportfolios will be featured as exemplary ePortfolios on our website and be honored at the Celebration of Research and Creative Endeavors in April 2022.
Who Can Apply?
Current undergraduate Appalachian State University students using the Aportfolio system may apply.
Complete the Scholars Award Application
Review the Detailed Judging Criteria
Judging Process & Deadlines
- Only applicants received by the March 1st, 2022 deadline will be pre-screened by the Aportfolio staff and considered for formal submission. The top ten finalists selected during pre-screening will move on to the final competition. Top ten applicants will be notified by email March 7th and sent instructions on the process for submitting to the judging in the competition. Applicants who were not selected will also receive an email acknowledgment.
- Instructions on the formal submission process for the top ten selected applicants will be emailed on March 7th. Finalists can continue to edit and update Aportfolios prior to submission until midnight March 14th.
- The deadline for formal submission of a finalize Aportfolio for the top ten notified applications will be 11:55pm March 14th.
- Formal reviews by judges will begin March 15th -19th.
- The winner and two runner ups will be announced and notified by email by March 23rd.
- The winner and two runner ups will be invited to present at the Celebration of Research and Creative Endeavors scheduled during April in PSU Parkway Ballroom and be featured as an exemplary Aportfolio on our website.