Aportfolio Award for Excellence in Teaching
Previous Award Recipients
Dr. Joy James 2018-19
Sarah Zurhellen 2017-18
Tiffany Wilgar 2016-17
Miles Britton 2015-16
Deadline February 18th 2020
This award recognizes a faculty member who has effectively integrated the use of Aportfolio into his/her instructional program for purposes of assessing, showcasing, and encouraging reflection on students' work. The faculty member receiving the Aportfolio Award for Excellence in Teaching will receive $300.00 and acknowledgment at the University College awards ceremony in April.
The award is open to any member of the Appalachian State University faculty who has used Aportfolios in his/her course or degree program. The faculty member should be able to demonstrate the ways in which he or she has integrated e-portfolios into the instructional process.
To apply, prepare a 2-3 page document that addresses the following:
- Name, department, contact information
- How did you leverage the Aportfolio to support, enhance, or engage students in their learning?
- How did you use Aportfolio to assess student learning?
- Please share the URL of an exemplary student e-portfolio from your class, and describe why it represents exemplary use of this tool.
- Discuss your potential areas of expertise to lead an ePortfolio workshop and to provide materials for shared resources
- If you are chosen as the 2020 awardee, would you be available in Fall 2020 to present at a faculty development workshop on ePortfolios?
Please submit these materials to Elaine Gray at email@example.com by February 18th, 2020. The finalist for the award will be announced in March.