Aportfolio Award for Excellence in Teaching
Tiffany Wilgar received the 2016-17 Aportfolio Award for Excellence in Teaching. Read more about her pedagogy and methods for successfully integrating Aportfolio in her courses.
Miles Britton received the 2015-16 Aportfolio Award for Excellence in Teaching. Read more about his pedagogy and methods for successfully integrating Aportfolio in his Rhetoric and Composition classes.
2017-18 Award - Accepting Nominations January 15th 2018 - Deadline February 19th
This award recognizes a faculty member who has effectively integrated the use of Digication ePortfolios into his/her instructional program for purposes of assessing, showcasing, and encouraging reflection on students' work. The faculty member receiving the Aportfolio Award for Excellence in Teaching will receive $300.00 and acknowledgement at the University College awards ceremony in April.
The award is open to any member of the Appalachian State University faculty who has used Aportfolios in his/her course or degree program. The faculty member should be able to demonstrate the ways in which he or she has integrated e-portfolios into the instructional process.
To apply, prepare a 2-3 page document that addresses the following:
- Name, department, contact information
- How did you leverage the Aportfolio to support, enhance, or engage students in their learning?
- How did you use Aportfolio to assess student learning?
- Please share the URL of an exemplary student e-portfolio from your class, and describe why it represents exemplary use of this tool.
- Discuss your potential areas of expertise to lead an ePortfolio workshop and to provide materials for shared resources
- If you are chosen as the 2018 awardee, would you be available in Fall 2018 to present at a faculty development workshop on e-portfolios?
Please submit these materials to Elaine Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19th 2018. The finalist for the award will be announced in March.
Note: The Aportfolio Advisory Committee will review the applications and the selected finalist will be notified by March 24th. The faculty member receiving the Aportfolio Award for Excellence in Teaching will receive $300.00 and acknowledgement at the University College awards ceremony in April.