Applying for the Aportfolio Scholar Award
The deadline is March 1st 2018. Applications for the competition will be accepted begining January 22nd 2018
Students developing Aportfolios are invited to participate in the spring 2018 Aportfolio Scholars Award. This award honors and acknowledges an Appalachian State University student who develops an outstanding, creative, scholarly, and professional Aportfolio.
The top three Aportfolios will be featured as exemplary ePortfolios on our website and be honored at the Celebration of Research and Creative Endeavors on April 2018.
Who Can Apply?
Current undergraduate Appalachian State University students may apply.
How To Apply - Deadline March 1st 2018
- Aportfolio Scholars will need to obtain a faculty mentor who is willing to preview their Aportfolio and provide constructive feedback on their site prior to submission for consideration of the award.
- Students applying for the Aportfolio Scholars Award should review the Aportfolio Scholars Award Criteria, as this is the basic criteria that will be used for pre-screening and final judging for the award.
- Students being considered for the award are highly encouraged to attend the Advanced Aportfolio Scholars Workshop or arrange a time for an individual Aportfolio consultation. Individual consultations can be arranged by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Aportfolio Scholars must complete the Intent to Apply form by 11:55pm March 1st 2018. Your faculty mentor's name and email is required on the form along with the URL for your Aportfolio site.
Judging Process and Award Criteria
- Only applicants received by the March 1st deadline will be pre-screen by the Aportfolio staff and considered for formal submission. The top ten finalist selected during pre-screening will move on to the final competition. Top ten applicants will be notified by email March 10th and sent instructions on the process for submitting to the judging in the competition. Applicants who were not selected will also receive an email acknowledgement.
- Instructions on the formal submission process for the top ten selected applicants will be emailed on March 10th. Finalist can continue to edit and update Aportfolios prior to submission on or before March 20th.
- The deadline for formal submission of a finalize Aportfolio for the top ten notified applications will be 11:55pm March 20th 2018.
- Formal reviews by judges will begin March 21st -25th 2018
- The winner and two runner ups will be announced and notified by email March 27th 2018
- The winner and two runner ups will be invited to present at the Celebration of Research and Creative Endeavors April 2018 in PSU Parkway Ballroom and be featured as an exemplary Aportfolio on our website.
If you have questions about the award application/process please contact us at email@example.com.